Hammond Happenings

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Joanie's Junk

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
A photo collage by Smilebox


In small town Morganville, Kansas there is a cute, fun, exciting little store called Joanie's Junk. It has become my mom, sisters and sister-in-law's fun Saturday spend a little time (and money) together thing to do. From our home North of Clay Center to Joanie's it's appx. 6 miles. This short drive gives us time to laugh and have small talk. Joan is decorating the window at Studio D Salon and Spa my sister Dani's salon. Prior to buying our couch and two chairs at Ashley furniture in Manhattan Chad said "to bad Joanie does not sell...or our entire living room would come from her store." Today I am home with little Miss Lara who has a fever and I am taking in my "new" living room. We have lived in our "new" house for almost 3 months now and we LOVE it. The items in the pictures above that were purchased from Joanie's Junk are: the buffet used as our TV stand, the shelf unit above the buffet, the shelf bracket's I have used as decorations on the shelf. I'm not 100% sure but the container I planted hen and chicks in (I borrowed from my mom aka took when she was gone this week, thanks mom!) I think she got at Joanie's, the coffee table (Joanie had as a set with the shelf unit as a bench) I re-purposed at my house as coffee table, cabinet in corner with the cute wicker baskets, Believe sign on cabinet, green end table and the old tool box which I loaded with books for my kiddo's: this piece Dani bought for me at a garage sale from a friend of ours who originally purchased at Joanie's. I also have another green piece downstairs that we loaded up with dvd's. And the fireplace mantel white vases were inspired by Joanie's display. I took clear vase's and spray painted them white my cost was $3.00! They looked really cool just grouped together as a center piece on my table with no flowers also.

I hope my Joanie's Junk inspired living room inspires you to do some Clay County shopping. You can start in Clay Center at the farmers market at the Courthouse Square, grab a Tasty Pastry Bakery treat, then hit Total Addictions, Ginger's Uptown, Clay Gourmet and then Joanie's in Morganville. I hope you have as much laughter and fellowship as we do on our hometown shopping trips.

May God Bless Your Journey...Jericho

No comments: