This is what we do. This is who we are. This is what we love. ENJOY we do.
Hammond Happenings
Monday, June 20, 2011
Daddy Weekend
One of the activities we did over the weekend as a family was fished. We took our little boat and Jordy took his. Lara, Chad and I ventured out on his little boat with a motor. Jordy's motor would not run and he forgot his oars so he and Weston used two boards. Weston told him he really likes his big boat that has a motor and they take to the lake! Lara and I hung out together on the trailer under the umbrella and watched the boats, boys and listened to the bugs, frogs and birds. It was a lovely Saturday afternoon filled with family time right before life gets really busy with wheat harvest. Sunday lunch menu I made: meatballs, sour cream mashed potatoes, stuffed mushrooms and apple dessert; Kathy cooked/baked: green bean casserole and homemade pies: chocolate peanut butter (amazing) and dads favorite lemon meringue. A trip to the creek was a big success and a wonderful activity to fill the afternoon although Lara could not figure out why I would not put her down in the shallow water but she did enjoy putting her feet in. And we cut Weston's jeans into shorts for the first time and he was feeling pretty cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment