


Friday, I had my 12 week appointment and every thing is progressing as it should! YEAH. We heard the babies heartbeat and it was a wonderful feeling. Dr. Roles said the baby is very active and she had to "chase the baby around" to get the heart rate! After spending the remaining part of the afternoon in Manhattan birthday shopping for Weston we returned home so Chad could check his cows before dark. I was putting the groceries away and saw a streak thru the back yard (Chad) then the back door opened and he came running in said get the back room ready Jordy's on the way over I have a baby calf for you to get cleaned up and warmed up. So I found a couple blankets and grabbed 8 towles. The cow just had the calf and it was in a mud puddle and she could not get her licked off. So I was the make shift mommy for an hour. As you can tell by the mud on everything and everywhere she was muddy. Weston was amazed and of course right away noticed the u cord. So we had some great analogy time between our baby and the baby calf. He saw the calf stand for the first time and stumble around. It is amazing to watch her progress and her instinct she immediately was nudging me and the wall where Chad's coats were hanging. I gave her a bottle of colostrum and she drank it right down. Then as the picture above shows she was a good sucker and loved sucking my thumb! Then Chad took her back to be with her mommy in the barn. Weston named her Sydney!
No comments:
Post a Comment