Hammond Happenings

Thursday, October 29, 2009

ITS A PASSION NOT AN OBSESSION

All natural. That is what I think when I view the pictures Chad and Jordy bring home from there cameras. This is what the deer do when no one is watching! Isn't GOD amazing. Only he could create a world as wonderful as this!
Chad and Jordy picked up their deer mounts from Knuth Fengel this week. Knuth does an amazing job he is so good at the details.

I love the mount Chad choose. It looks just like it did before he put an arrow in it! Check out how the ears are layed back. AWESOME.
Another picture from the deer camera.
I love the rack against the blue sky at dusk.
This is my brothers collection. This is why I beleive it is both a passion and obsession.
And what a great obsession to pass on to the next generation. Mr. Weston loves his bow, loves the hunting channel, loves to look at the bird book to learn new birds (mallards are his favorite right now), loves his BB gun, loves his daddy's animal calls and everything camo. One of the great qualities of being left handed is being passionate. Chad, Jordy and Weston are all left handed and I would give anything to have there passion, determination, creativity, craftsmanship and love for everything they enjoy in life.

We are in the middle of another deer hunting season and its getting very close to rutt (sp?). Both Chad and Jordy are enjoying the trip to the stand and the thrill and challenge of bow hunting. And Weston is trying to convince them he can go and take his bow. Maybe he can go along this spring in the blind during turkey season. Oh and did I mention I shot my first BB gun the same day as my 3 year old: after he shot it I decided I needed to try it too! God Bless!








No comments: