Hammond Happenings

Friday, March 20, 2009

Report from the Doctor.

On our way to Weston's appointment with Dr. Duff Weston was being very very silly. Calling Dr. Duff - Dr. Duffy. MUCH MUCH IMPROVED kid. He had a great morning with Uncle Jordy who came over to play while I went to work. :) Dr. Duff started out by saying you have had a rough week but I am skeptical that it is pneumonia. WHAT? ME TOO. (but who am I to question it, I hated biology and A&P)! He is confident that we are dealing with asthma attacks. Asthma attacks can sound like popping or crackling (the description used in the ER). It was a good feeling to have him tell me "that I'm doing a good job as a mom" I am aware of his signs and on top of it. Wow that feels good to hear! It also makes my feeling of defeat on Tuesday when they said pneumonia and I thought oh no I have to relearn all his signs again because it was a shock, I thought I was dealing with a respitory attack of some degree. So yeah we still know his signs and now we have more in our pocket to help him get relief!!!!!!!!! We have an inhaler to tote around instead of a power converter, breathing machine and meds!!!!!!!!!!!! He is going to suffer from allergy and asthma for the rest of his life but their are wonderful options in medicine to help and I am so thankful he can continue to love the farm and outdoors. We just have to continue to learn his personal condition and how to handle it!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend. God Bless.

No comments: