My dad and Weston (I tag along for lunch) have a date on Tuesday's to go eat lunch and watch the cattle sale. Weston eats quickly and goes on upstairs without us. He stops to chat with Lawrence and then moves to his "post" at the window looking out at the cattle pens where they sort and move the cattle from pens to the cattle ring. Lynn and Keisha have a son Weston who is 10 months older than our Weston. They are starting to become buddies. A couple months ago THE WESTON's were able to play in the cattle ring before the sale started. Big Weston was trying to teach little Weston how to climb the fence to get in the booth where the auctioner's sit (big weston's dad is the auctioneer.) Little Weston is not tall enough yet to get up started up the fence. This past Tuesday Big weston was on the bottom row watching the cattle sell with his cattle stick. He invited little weston to come down. Grandpa James had to go down with Weston at first but it did not take long for the Weston's to start talking and playing together. Big weston shared his stick and then they started to make the noises that you make when trying to move cattle. Big Weston's Grandpa was auctioning and he rolled off as he auctioned for big Weston to calm down, a perk of having the same name they both listened. :) Then, it was time to leave and big weston got to stay, little weston cried as he walked in front of everyone to give the stick back and cried as he walked back to Grandpa James, when they got down to the front door dad said we need to leave to go feed cows and so the tears stopped and the smile came back!
When I picked him up from daycare, I asked how the sale barn was and he told me that he worked. WHAT you worked, yes he and Weston worked they hit those cows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad my dad enjoys taking Weston I loved the sale barn (still do) and he will have such great memories.
1 comment:
I know my mom always enjoys seeing you guys! She wishes Brody could visit her like that more.....maybe someday!!!
Post a Comment