Hammond Happenings

Monday, November 10, 2008

5 day weekend!

I have a five day weekend! Friday was my day off, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (today) I took a vacation day (why : because it made it a five day weekend), Tuesday Veteran's day and the office is closed.



What have I done on my Five Day weekend:

Thursday night did my cleaning (like the toilets cleaning - YUCK) and laundry. Picked up the house.



Friday - Mr. Kamdyn stayed the morning and early afternoon with me and my son was here for a couple of minutes and then he went with Uncle Jordy and Grandpa James to load cattle :) he was a very happy little man. Ate lunch at Pizza Hut with them plus Aunt Dani! Around 3 I headed for town to Grandma Jolene's to clean out there basement. This was a big project that my mother in law started in the morning and we finished around 7:30. A big pile of trash, a big pile of garage sale = a clean basement!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH, we moved Tracy's childhood kitchen set to the area at the bottom of the steps to make a children's play area that way grandma and grandpa can reclaim there living room! It was a huge success and looks great. :)



Saturday - FUN. Syd, Mom, Kristen and I went to Lindsey's shower then shopping at the local shops in Clay! We met Kathy, Grant and Arnie for lunch at El Puerto's then Kathy join for the shopping. The day ended with some R & R at home :)



Sunday - Church and Sunday School, I started teaching Weston's nursery class. Two weeks ago he was the only child and yesterday there were two "students." It really is fun! Sunday school has been a challenge because Weston wants his mommy by Sunday so teaching the class helps solve the problem we can be together and attend class!!!!!!!!!!
Cleaned out the spare room's closet! Ordered photo calenders for christmas gifts for our grandparents and ordered my christmas photo cards. To finish off the day we had supper to celebrate Jordy's birthday which is Monday!



Monday - R & R :) When I started this post early this morning my plan was R & R...that turned into a quick trip with my dad and Weston to Uncle Kelly's to pick up the last two cow calf pairs; then a trip to the grocery store; then lunch at Green cafe; then cooking which will result in R & R later - I fixed five dishes (heavenly cornbread, cheesey potatoes, k's casserole, meatballs & enchiladas); I did attempt a nap unsuccessfully due to a two year old that could not fall asleep in any bed or couch that I insisted he lay on he was not being bad just singing and talking to the cows like my dad does when he is loading them. So I spent that time smiling, laughing and thanking GOD for the happy healthy "big" boy that I am blessed with! :)

Tuesday - Sale Barn Day. Since my childhood I have loved going to the sale barn, I could sit there all day and watch! I still enjoy going to see my "farmer" friends. Aunt Dani started coming back on Tuesday's (her day off) to take Weston to the sale for lunch with Great Grandma Melvina, Grandpa James and sometimes mommy! He loves to look out the window to see the cattle in the pens and coming down the alley way. It's amazing that he can tell a cow from a bull already.

Wednesday - Back to work, back to structured days and routine. YEAH!

No comments: