Hammond Happenings

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1

The month of December I am trying to send Sydney a bible verse a day on facebook. Instead of just sending to her I decided to make it my post. I think of her often I think of reading my bible often so I thought this would be a good way to combine the two! So for December 1 I posted this message.

The Legend of the Candy Cane:

Look at the Candy Cane - what do you see? Stripes that are red like the blood shed for me. White is for my Savior who's sinless and pure! "J" is for Jesus, my Lord, that's for sure! Turn it around and a staff you will see- Jesus, my shepherd, was born for me. Author unknown.

John 3:16
For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

I hope your holiday season is centered on the birth of Jesus. That your life will be filled to the brim with hope, peace, comfort and love. We miss those that have gone before us and celebrate with those who are still here beside us.

Prayer: Lord you are an awesome God. Thank you for the blessing's you lay in front of us each day. It's in you that we find our strength and comfort. Please revive our lives as we prepare to celebrate the birth of your son Jesus. In your name we pray, amen.

Jericho - God Bless.